Welcome to Libcraft! This Minecraft server is a place for people throughout the big tent of liberalism to enjoy Minecraft and politics with friends. We are strongly socially liberal, but we welcome people of many economic viewpoints.
The server is mostly vanilla, with a few minor plugins for quality of life. The server is owned by Sporf and administered by him and several ops. There are currently a number of Localities which compete with each other, as well as a multitude of cities, regions, and unincorporated territories allowing players to move to the types of places that best suit their playstyle.
- Server map: http://sporfbase.com/minecraft/#fantasia
- Server IP for Sporfbase, more focused on politics and construction: sporfbase.com
Where Should I Begin?
When you spawn onto the server, you will be welcomed by your fellow liberals to the community. There are some free resources for new players just outside of spawn in chests that you can access. If you are new to Minecraft, we recommend you check out a few video tutorials to get you generally familiar with the game. If you are already familiar, you can get started! You can take a look at the list of locations for the current iteration (Fantasia) and see if any of them appeals to you. If you'd like to access those places, we have a comprehensive transit network of minecarts, in the overworld and in the Nether. Otherwise, you can find a place of your own and start there! A few things to remember when you're starting out:
- Don't be a dick. Don't steal or destroy other peoples builds or belongings, and don't kill them or their creatures. Please review our Community Guidelines for details.
- Ask around before you build near anything manmade. Anytime ownership is ambiguous, it's best to ask people before you accidentally infringe on someone's property.
- If you need help with anything, don't be afraid to ask. We're all friendly here and would love to help a new player get started!
- If you'd like, feel free to join our discord server for discussion about the server, real-life politics, and much more.
We look forward to meeting you!
Each map the server has played on is called an "iteration." There have been many iterations, but only recently have they been documented.
The iterations before Rockport are largely lost to time. Information about, for example, the iteration in which we discussed the 2020 Democratic primaries, is known only to the fallible memories of the server's old-timers.
Main article: Rockport Iteration
The most successful iteration so far, the Rockport Iteration, so named for its largest settlement, had a large and vibrant population which engaged in sometimes contentious but always fascinating political RP, or as we tend to call it, larp, with a parliament and even a constitution.
New World Order
As the Rockport iteration died down but before 1.17 released, we briefly (a few months) played on an earth map. Because of the intensity of Rockport participation, many regulars were burnt out, though a large amount of development still happened. Instead of the party-based larp, a UN was formed, which met regularly but had far less of an effect on the server than the parliament did.
The current iteration, as of August 2021, and intended to run until the release of 1.18 late this year. The RP here has been less intense but is centered around several countries fighting each other, with the most notable contention being between Arcadia and NATO.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.